Cajun Heartland State Fair
Go Go Fun Fun! Join Us For The Cajun Heartland State Fair!
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is an eleven day fair produced by North American Midway Entertainment and the CAJUNDOME staff offering an exciting entertainment line-up and discount ride offerings that attract over 175,000.
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is managed by an innovative and insightful team of professionals priding themselves on knowing the right mix of entertainment arranged to provide maximum enjoyment for all ages. The ride specials, food, free attractions and family oriented games make an outstanding summer experience. Truly, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the Cajun Heartland State Fair fairgrounds.
The 31st Annual Cajun Heartland State Fair scheduled for May 23 - June 2, 2019, will provide the best in family entertainment for children of all ages. North American Midway Entertainment will have numerous super rides such as the giant Ferris wheel, the NEW roller coaster the Bullet Train and the Blizzard! Games and free attractions such as the Show Me Safari Petting Zoo, World of Wonders and Texas Tommy's Wild West Revue will entertain everyone. Prizes and surprises await everyone at the Cajun Heartland State Fair.The Cajun Heartland State Fair is an eleven day fair produced by North American Midway Entertainment and the CAJUNDOME staff offering an exciting entertainment line-up and discount ride offerings that attract over 175,000.
Additional Information Coming Soon!
Check back often for new updates.
Fair Admission Hours:
- Thursday, May 23rd: 5pm-10pm
- Friday, May 24th: 5pm-10pm
- Saturday, May 25th: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday, May 26th: 12pm-10pm
- Monday, May 27th: 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday, May 28th: 5pm-10pm
- Wednesday, May 29th: 5pm-10pm
- Thursday, May 30th: 5pm-10pm
- Friday, May 31st: 5pm-10pm
- Saturday, June 1st: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday, June 2nd: 12pm-9pm
Admission Gate will close nightly at posted time, no new admissions will be permitted after that. Midway rides will continue operation for an additional hour past the gate closing time.
Parking & Admission
FREE PARKING: Thursday, May 23rd - Sunday, June 2nd
- FREE Parking is Available at Cajun Field throughout the Fair
ADMISSION: Thursday, May 23rd - Sunday, June 2nd
- $3 Entry Fee
- Free Entry for Guests Age 2 Years & Under
- No Re-Entry
Ways to Save with Coca Cola!
- Purchase the new 20 oz. Coca Cola Bottle featuring a removable Coca Cola wristband, starting May 13th at local retailers!
- Show your Coca Cola wristband on Opening Night, May 23rd, for free admission into the Cajun Heartland State Fair!
- Show your Coca Cola wristband on any night of the Fair, May 24th-June 2nd, for $1 off your admission into the Cajun Heartland State Fair!
The BIG 102.1 Together We "Can" Food Drive for FOODNET
- Receive free admission for one to the Cajun Heartland State Fair on Tuesday, May 28th, Wednesday, May 29th, and Thursday, May 30th, when you donate two canned goods to the BIG 102.1 Together We Can Food Drive! Proceeds benefit Acadiana FOODNET.
Ride Tickets & Wristbands
Save Money When You Purchase in Advance!
- ShopRite Advance Purchase Half-Price Tickets – Presented by News 15 & Cumulus Media -- Purchase a sheet of 20 ride tickets for only $12.50 at participating Acadiana ShopRite locations! (No discount coupons accepted) Regular price of $25/sheet on the fairgrounds. Advance tickets will be sold starting Wednesday, May 1st @ 10AM through Thursday, May 23rd @ 5PM.
Advance Discount Memorial Day Wristband -- Presented by News 15 & Cumulus Media -- Purchase a Memorial Day ride wristband in advance for only $20! (No discount coupons accepted) Wristband is valid from open to close on Monday, May 27th only. Advance Memorial Day Wristbands will be sold Wednesday, May 1st @ 10AM through Sunday, May 26th at the CAJUNDOME Box Office, while supplies last. Wristbands will be available for purchase for $30/each on the fairgrounds on Monday, May 27th.
- Mega Pass Ride Special – Presented by Townsquare Media -- Buy in Bulk and Save! The Mega Pass includes your choice of any 3 wristband days - for only $70* (No coupons allowed for redemption - limited supplies available). You choose how to save- 3 wristbands for one day, one wristband for three different days, or a combination thereof! The Mega Pass is sold at the CAJUNDOME BOX OFFICE & Ticketmaster.com, only while supplies last.
Daily Wristbands (open – close)
- Thursday, May 23: $20* Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of (no coupons allowed for redemption)
- Friday, May 24: No wristband ride special available, ride tickets accepted only
- Saturday, May 25: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Sunday, May 26: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Monday, May 27: $20* Advance Sale Wristband - Available May 1 - May 26 at the CAJUNDOME Box Office or online at Ticketmaster.com (no coupons allowed for redemption) or $30* Ride Wristband sold on the fairgrounds day of
- Tuesday, May 28: $30* Ride Wristband- Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Wednesday, May 29: $30* Ride Wristband- Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Thursday, May 30: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Friday, May 31: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Saturday, June 1: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Sunday, June 2: $30* Ride Wristband - Sold on fairgrounds day of
Ride Wristband Discount Coupons
- Listen to your favorite Acadiana radio & TV stations for their discount code to save $5 off your ride wristband!
- Join the CAJUNDOME Insiders for exclusive fair discounts and offerings!
Midway Ride Ticket Special (Purchased on the Fairgrounds)
- Family Discount Regular Packs - 20 tickets for $25*
- Family Discount GIANT Packs - 50 tickets for $60*
- Single (1) ride ticket purchase $1.50*
Do you have a large group interested in attending the Cajun Heartland State Fair? For information on group admission and ride discounts, contact us at [email protected] with your group information for a custom package or check out some of our new group opportunities below.
Birthday Parties at the CHSF
We invite you to have your Birthday Party at the CHSF on Saturday, May 25th, 2019 or Sunday, May 26th, 2019! Guests at your Birthday Party will be able to ride the rides, pet all the animals at the Show Me Safari Petting Zoo, see the World of Wonder Show and more!
- Option 1: Ride Wristband & Hot Dog Lunch ONLY $20 per person*
Additional Guests (Meal Only) $10 per person*
Additional Guests (Wristband Only) $15 per person*
*A minimum of 10 guests per group for discount. Register by May 17 to participate.
Corporate Picnics at the CHSF
Great rates & options for your corporate group offerings. Select a day were your company employees can get together and have a day filled with fun at the CHSF that they won't forget.
- Option 1: Ride Wristbands ONLY $15 per person*
*A minimum of 25 wristbands per group for discount. Please register by May 20.
Youth Field Trips at the CHSF
Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 from 10AM - 1PM we invite your Daycare or Summer Camp for an exclusive outing at the CHSF! The kids will be able to ride the ride, pet all the animals at the Show Me Safari Petting Zoo, see the World of Wonder Show and more!
- Option 1: Ride Wristband ONLY $10 per person*
- Option 2: Ride Wristband & Hot Dog Lunch ONLY $15 per person*
*A minimum of 10 wristbands per group for discount. Register by May 17 to participate.
Register your group event today or contact us to create a custom group event by contacting us at:
The BIG 102.1 CRAWFISH VILLAGE
KATC TV3 MIDWAY Rides
Merry go round Silver streak Wacky worm
Super slide Safari train (new) Kite flyer
Bee bop Hampton cycles Hampton combo
Speedway Convoy Bear affair
Raiders Rocking tug Giant wheel
Bullet train coaster Scooter Swing tower
Star Dancer (new) Mardi Gras Tomb of doom
Cuckoo haus Firestorm Yo-yo
Remix Zero gravity Tilt a whirl
Alien abduction Tornado
*all rides are subject to change
The All New Lagniappe Lane ft. Family Attractions
Take stroll down Lagniappe Lane - Presented by News 15 & Townsquare Media for an array of family entertainment and dining options.
Show Me Safari
- Petting Zoo
- Pig Races
- Pony Rides (Additional Fee May Apply)
World of Wonders Show
- 10 amazing & unusual sideshow acts
Texas Tommy's Wild West Review
- Wild West Comedy & Trick Show
- Face Painting
- Balloon Art
- Additional Fee May Apply
Friday Night Date Night
Friday night is date night!
Don't miss our first DATE NIGHT at the Cajun Heartland State Fair on Friday, May 24th, presented by 94.5 KSMB and Q955 KRRQ, featuring the Battle of the DJ’s Show Case!
Grab your favorite girl, your best boy or get a sitter and come enjoy date night at the Fair from 8PM-10PM and dance to the beats as KSMB’s own DJ Miyagi faces off with DJ Chill, live on stage for 2 hours, mixing the hottest music in all of Acadiana.
But wait, there’s more. Head over to www.KSMB.com now and register to win the Ultimate Date Night Package including: One night Stay for 2 at the Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome , Dinner for 2 at Riverside Inn, and 2 concert tickets with a special upgrade to the AUDI Lafayette VIP Club to see the Backstreet Boys live at the CAJUNDOME on September 3rd!
94.5 KSMB Date Night at the Cajun Heartland State Fair
Friday, May 24th from 8PM to 10PM
Ft. DJ Miyagi spinning with DJ Chill.
See you there!
Free Parking Available at Cajun Field.
Admission into the Fair is $3 for guests age 3 & Up
For more information on fair events, admission and ride discounts, visit www.cajundome.com/chsf2019
Kettlebells4Kids with Ragin Crossfit
The 31st Annual Cajun Heartland State Fair and Ragin Crossfit have combined forces to put on a new event called Kettlebells4Kids on Saturday, May 25th, at the Fair. Right next to the best Midway in the state, we will enjoy a fun workout to raise more awareness & funds for Homeless Kids in Acadiana than we ever could alone! Join us Saturday, May 25th at 12 noon on the Cajun Heartland State Fair grounds for this great cause!
Want to participate?
Support our event by pre-reigstering to join our team and coming out on Saturday, May 25th for a fun workout with the team from Ragin Crossfit! You can also making a donation to our team and those participating in the workout. The process is fast, easy, and secure... and you can be sure that it will benefit a great cause! Dollars raised in our state will help provide active play and fitness equipment and programs to homeless kids living in shelters in our state!
To join the squad click here to participate! All participants will be given free entry to the fair grounds and eligible for fun giveaways!
Sponsorship opportunities available, please contact Adrienne Richard, 337-265-2390 for more information.
LOUDfest ft. Battle of the Bands
LOUDfest ft. Battle of the Bands at the CAJUNDOME
Sunday, May 26, 2019 (Doors at Noon)
Presented by Classic Rock 105.1
Fifteen local bands will compete in the CAJUNDOME Arena for the top honor and & a shot at a great grand prize! Bands will have 15 minutes to play up to 3 original songs. Tickets are only $10 and are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com and at the CAJUNDOME Box Office! This is an All Ages event. LOUDfest tickets purchased in advance include entry onto the Fairgrounds.
Following Battle of the Bands, don't miss the Liquid Sand reunion show and a special performance by Grammy nominee Brother Dege!
Grammy-nominated Brother Dege Legg (“Too Old to Die Young” from Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained )* is one of the best-kept secrets in the Deep South; a musician, writer, outsider artist, and heir to a long line of enigmatic characters birthed in swamplands of Louisiana. Brother Dege utilizes slide guitars, Delta blues, Dobros, and cinematic songwriting to conjure a new vision of the psychedelic Deep South. *“Too Old to Die Young” was handpicked by Quentin Tarantino for inclusion in the soundtrack to Django Unchained.
Here is a list of the local bands that will compete in BOTB*:
12:30PM Music Academy's
1:00PM Prophet Pariah
1:30PM Nameless Vision
2:00PM Nefarious Deeds
2:30PM Ashes to Analog
3:00PM Joe Bryson & Co.
4:00PM Blind Mind's Eye
4:30PM Subliminal Landmines
5:00PM Bayou Bullets
5:30PM Raise the Death Toll
6:00PM Arbre Mort
7:00PM The Links
7:30PM Magic Crawfish
8:00PM Rebel Cruiser
8:30PM Liquid Sand Reunion Show
9:00PM Brother Dege
*Line-up subject to change
Special Thanks To Our Stage Sponsors:
Music Academy of Acadiana & Wave Theory Studios
Special Thanks to our Gold Sponsor:
Live & Local Acadiana
Special Thanks to Bronze Sponsor:
Backline Provided by:
The Freetown Boom Boom Room
Southern Fried Showdown presented by Lafayette Roofing
Southern Fried Showdown: Saturday, June 1st
Don't miss this brand new, fried food showcase happening on Saturday, June 1st at the Cajun Heartland State Fair. Ten local restaurants & caterers will be selling some wild and deep fried southern delicacies sure to tease your palette and leave you wanting more!
Participating Restaurants & Menu Items:
- Kitchen Sink French Fries
- Fried Pork Wing with White BBQ Sauce
Central Pizza & Bar:
- Cheese Curds
- Parm Garlic Fries
- Hot Hot Chicken Slider
- Fried Oreo's
- Fried Pizza
The Acadiana Bar & Grill:
- Deep Fried Cheese Burger Slider
- Fried Chicken and Waffles
Uncle Luck's Cajun & Creole Cuisine:
- Uncle Luck's Chicken
- Parc fries
The Jefferson Street Pub:
- Fried Provolone
- Boneless Wings
- Fried Kebobs
- Fried Fish
- Fried Chicken Creole Legs
POUR restaurant and bar:
- Mini Meat Pies
- Fried Duck Quesadillas with Cilantro Sour Creme
Presented by Lafayette Roofing, Coca Cola & Social Entertainment
The Final Fiesta
The Final Fiesta
Join us on the last day of the Cajun Heartland State Fair for the Final Fiesta, presented by El Sabor Radio!
Live Latin entertainment from 12:00PM - 8:00PM, more information coming soon!
Outdoor Food & Merchandise Vendors
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is currently accepting applications for outdoor Food & Merchandise Vendors for the Fair. All applications are reviewed by the Fair Committee and are not guaranteed participation until confirmed by the Fair Director. For more information and regulations, please see the application below.
Submit completed applications and vendor fee (cash or cc auth), in person or by mail to:
ATTN. MARKETING DEPT.
444 CAJUNDOME BLVD
LAFAYETTE, LA 70506
Completed applications can also be submitted via email to [email protected]
2019 Participating Vendors:
- Papa John's Pizza (Lafayette, LA)
- Crazy Bout Crawfish (Breaux Bridge, LA)
- Bellard's Cajun Express (Eunice, LA) Boudin variety, BBQ poboys & hamburgers
- Lazy Taco (Lafayette, LA) Rolled Tacos & Burritos
- Mama's Candy (Pearl River, LA) Cream Caramels & Pecan Candy
- I Touch Relief (Dallas, TX) Pain Management Solutions
- LeafFilter North (Baton Rouge, LA) Gutter Guard Products
Capture the Fun! Photo Safari Contest
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is looking for talented photographers to spend the day documenting the exciting activities at this year’s Fair.
✓ FREE to Enter
✓ Win cash prizes
✓ Have your images posted on the CAJUNDOME & Cajun Heartland State Fair website, Facebook and Instagram
✓ Contest images may be used in CAJUNDOME & Cajun Heartland State Fair marketing materials in the future
✓ FREE Fair admission ticket for each contestant
Who Can Enter?
✓ All Louisiana residents, ages 18 and older.
✓ Open to professional, semi-professional and amateur status photographers.
✓ Contest is limited to 50 participants
A. Food (still life or people)
B. Midway Rides/Attractions
C. The Fair at Night
D. Fairscape, General, Other
Awards in each category
1st Place $50 2nd Place $35 3rd place $20
Spirit of the Fair Award $100
The photo that most exemplifies the traditions and spirit of the Cajun Heartland State Fair.
Questions? Contact Erica at [email protected]