Cajun Heartland State Fair
Go Go Fun Fun! Join Us For The Cajun Heartland State Fair!
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is an eleven day fair produced by the CAJUNDOME staff offering an exciting entertainment line-up and ride offerings that attract more than 40,000 guests.
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is managed by an innovative and insightful team of professionals priding themselves on knowing the right mix of entertainment arranged to provide maximum enjoyment for all ages. The ride specials, food, free attractions and family oriented games make an outstanding summer experience. Truly, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the Cajun Heartland State Fair fairgrounds.
The 32nd Annual Cajun Heartland State Fair scheduled for May 21 - 31, 2020, will provide the best in family entertainment for children of all ages. This year we welcome a brand new ride operator Gold Star Amusements which will provide numerous super rides and classic favorites fun for the whole family. Games and free attractions such as the Show Me Safari Petting Zoo, World of Wonders and Texas Tommy's Wild West Revue will be on hand to entertain the crowds. Prizes and surprises await everyone at the Cajun Heartland State Fair!
Check back often for new updates!
Interested in being a sponsor of the Cajun Heartland State Fair? Download our sponsorship packet and discover ways to get involved with this family-friendly event.
Food & Merchandise Vendors
Outdoor Food & Merchandise Vendors
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is currently accepting applications for outdoor Food & Merchandise Vendors for the Fair. All applications are reviewed by the Fair Committee and are not guaranteed participation until confirmed by the Fair Director. For more information and regulations, please see the application below.
Submit completed applications and vendor fee (cash, money order or cc auth), in person or by mail to:
ATTN. MARKETING DEPT.
444 CAJUNDOME BLVD
LAFAYETTE, LA 70506
Completed applications can also be submitted via email.
Thanks to our 2019 Participating Vendors:
- Papa John's Pizza (Lafayette, LA)
- Crazy Bout Crawfish (Breaux Bridge, LA)
- Bellard's Cajun Express (Eunice, LA) Boudin variety, BBQ poboys & hamburgers
- Lazy Taco (Lafayette, LA) Rolled Tacos & Burritos
- Mama's Candy (Pearl River, LA) Cream Caramels & Pecan Candy
- I Touch Relief (Dallas, TX) Pain Management Solutions
- LeafFilter North (Baton Rouge, LA) Gutter Guard Products
Band/Entertainment Submission Form
Is your band or act interested in performing at the 2020 Cajun Heartland State Fair? Use the form below to submit your act for consideration.
ADVANCE SAVINGS (NO ADDITONAL COUPON CAN BE APPLIED):
- SuperSaver Family 4-Pack $85.00* – Receive 4 ride wristbands and 4 admission tickets that can be redeemed any day of the CHSF, a total savings of $27.00 off the regular price! Sold at the CAJUNDOME BOX OFFICE Monday, April 6st @10AM – Thursday, May 21st @5PM while supplies last.
- Advance Ride Tickets $10.00*– Save $15 off the regular price of a Ride Ticket Sheet (20 tickets per sheet) and redeem them any day of the CHSF. Sold at various ShopRite & Tobacco Plus Locations Friday, May 1st @10AM – Friday, May 22nd @5PM.
Fair Admission Hours:
- Thursday, May 21st: 5pm-10pm
- Friday, May 22nd: 5pm-10pm
- Saturday, May 23rd: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday, May 24th: 12pm-10pm
- Monday, May 25th: 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday, May 26th: 5pm-10pm
- Wednesday, May 27th: 5pm-10pm
- Thursday, May 28th: 5pm-10pm
- Friday, May 29th: 5pm-10pm
- Saturday, May 30th: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday, May 31st: 12pm-9pm
The Admission Gate will close nightly at posted time, no new admissions will be permitted after that. Midway rides will continue operation for an additional hour past the gate closing time.
Parking & Admission
FREE PARKING: Thursday, May 21st - Sunday, May 31st
- FREE Parking is Available at Cajun Field throughout the Fair
ADMISSION: Thursday, May 21st - Sunday, May 31st
$3 Entry Fee
- Free Entry for Guests Age 2 Years & Under
- No Re-Entry
Military Service Members Admission
- Members of the Military can receive free admission for themselves and their immediate family to the Cajun Heartland State Fair on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25th, Tuesday, May 26th, Wednesday, May 27th, and Thursday, May 28th, when you present your active Military ID at any admission ticket booth.
Daily Ride Tickets & Wristbands
Daily Regular Ride Wristbands $25* (Unlimited Rides open – close):
- Thursday, May 21: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Friday, May 22: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Saturday, May 23: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Sunday, May 24: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Monday, May 25: $25* Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Tuesday, May 26: $25* WB- Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Wednesday, May 27: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Thursday, May 28: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Friday, May 29: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Saturday, May 30: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
- Sunday, May 31: $25* WB - Sold on fairgrounds day of
My Choice Wristband: Purchase a My Choice Wristband voucher at the CAJUNDOME Box Office starting May 1 at the Box Office or online at Ticketmaster.com (additional fees may apply) and avoid the Box Office line during the fair! The voucher can be redeemed for a ride wristband any day of the fair, May 21-31, 2020.
Midway Ride Tickets (sold on fair grounds)
- Regular Ride Ticket Pack - 20 tickets for $25*
- Single (1) ride ticket for $1.50*
Gold Star MIDWAY Rides
We are pleased to introduce our new Midway partner for 2020, Gold Star Amusements!
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is excited to welcome back the Crawfish Village! This attraction area features a stage with daily live entertainment, delicious food vendors and local artisan and craft booths.
Entertainment line-up coming soon!
Take stroll down Lagniappe Lane for an array of free family entertainment and dining options.
Show Me Safari
- Petting Zoo
- Swine Races
- Pony Rides (Additional Fee May Apply)
World of Wonders Show
- 10 amazing & unusual sideshow acts
Texas Tommy's Wild West Review
- Wild West Comedy & Trick Show
Jingles & Friends
- Face Painting
- Balloon Art
- Glow Walking Parade
Southern Fried Showdown
SAVE THE DATE!
Southern Fried Showdown: Saturday & Sunday, May 23-24, 2020
Local restaurants & caterers will be selling some wild and deep fried southern delicacies sure to tease your palette and leave you wanting more as they compete for the Fair's coveted Fan Fried Favorite award.
The Final Fiesta
It's the last day of the Cajun Heartland State Fair! Join us for the Final Fiesta!
More information coming soon.
LOUDfest ft. Battle of the Bands
LOUDfest ft. Battle of the Bands
More information coming soon.
Special Thanks to our 2019 participating bands and the winners:
1st Place: Magic Crawfish, 2nd Place: Bayou Bullets & 3rd Place: Nefarious Deeds
Liquid Sand Reunion Show
*Line-up subject to change
Special Thanks To Our 2019 Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor: Rock 105.1
Stage Sponsors: Music Academy of Acadiana & Wave Theory Studios
Gold Sponsor: Live & Local Acadiana
Special Thanks to Bronze Sponsor: Rock Louisiana
Backline Provided by: The Freetown Boom Boom Room
Capture the Fun! Photo Safari Contest
The Cajun Heartland State Fair is looking for talented photographers to spend the day documenting the exciting activities at this year’s Fair.
✓ FREE to Enter
✓ Win cash prizes
✓ Have your images posted on the CAJUNDOME & Cajun Heartland State Fair website, Facebook and Instagram
✓ Contest images may be used in CAJUNDOME & Cajun Heartland State Fair marketing materials in the future
✓ FREE Fair admission ticket for each contestant
Who Can Enter?
✓ All Louisiana residents, ages 18 and older.
✓ Open to professional, semi-professional and amateur status photographers.
✓ Contest is limited to 50 participants
A. Food (still life or people)
B. Midway Rides/Attractions
C. The Fair at Night
D. Fairscape, General, Other
Awards in each category
1st Place $50 2nd Place $35 3rd place $20
Spirit of the Fair Award $100
The photo that most exemplifies the traditions and spirit of the Cajun Heartland State Fair.
SIGN-UP LINK COMING SOON